Our Response to Coronavirus
We have introduced a number of additional Cleanliness and Hygiene measures, on top of our normal cleaning practices, plus Social Distancing measures, to ensure we operate safely for guests, staff & suppliers during the Coronavirus pandemic.
We've added more flexibility to both our Standard and Discounted rates, plus for any rate booked we have a Coronavirus Change Policy which offers flexibility right up to the day before check-in if you are affected by Coronavirus. See our full policy below for details.
Our Standard rate bookings made directly with us offer free cancellation and date changes up until 7 days before check-in. Our Discounted rates now also offer free cancellation and date changes for an initial period but have earlier date change deadlines, after which they are non-changeable and non-refundable. Please check the details carefully of any discounted rate before making a booking.
We Are Still Open however, despite the challenges and changes to our business to support the fight against Coronavirus. We have a well developed plans to continue to operate through these difficult times and you can be confident that all the team at Red Brighton Blue will be here for you offering clean, well run, high quality accommodation in Brighton.
Our Coronavirus Change Policy
Now that we're more familiar with Coronavirus and the risk of having movements restricted and events cancelled, we're trying to offer guests the most flexibility possible. We’re trying to do the best we can to balance the concerns & impacts on our customers, on our staff and on ourselves as a small business and in light of the difficult situation facing us all. We therefore ask guests to take into account our cancellation policy and to book accordingly:-
Direct Bookings on our Standard Rate Will Now Be Flexible Until 7 Days Before Check-In
No charge to change or cancel your booking made directly with us on our standard rate, right up to 7 days of arrival, giving you the maximum flexibility we possibly can when you book with us directly on our website, by email or phone, plus within the last 7 days you're covered by our Coronavirus Change Policy.
Discounted Rates Still Available But Please Only Book These If You're Happy To Pay For Your Booking In Any Event
All our discounted rates now also offer free cancellation and date changes for an initial period but have earlier date change deadlines, after which they are non-changeable and non-refundable. If however you're affected by Coronavirus and can prove this to us, you'll still have date change flexibility right up to 24 hours before check-in. Please check the details carefully of any discounted rate before making a booking.
Changes due to Contracting Coronavirus, Having to Self-Isolate or Lockdown
Right up to 24 hours before check-in, if you have any booking with us and you're unable to come because of any of the following reasons - and you can send us some proof (eg. NHS Test & Trace email/text) - then we will be happy to offer you a credit note to use with us anytime up to the end of March 2023:-
Contracting Coronavirus - if you are officially diagnosed with Coronavirus
Self-Isolating - if you are officially required to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace
Lockdown - if either your home geographical area, or the Brighton area goes into Lockdown meaning you are not permitted to travel/stay with us
Credit notes issued in these circumstances will be available to be use as follows. Your new booking must be:-
- subject to any increase in cost for the new dates of your booking (sorry no refunds can subsequently be issued if the cost of your new booking is less)
- made directly with us
- made at least 7 days in advance of check in (anything less will be at our absolute discretion)
- subject to availability
- for one new booking only (you cannot split your existing booking into multiple new bookings)
- for yourself (it is not transferrable)
- non-changeable and non-refundable once put back in the diary (only one date change is allowed)
Additional Hygiene, Cleaning & Social Distancing Measures
Extra Hygiene & Cleaning
In addition to our normal high standards of cleaning, we have introduced additional hygiene measures to our procedures for cleaning guest rooms and public areas.
Guest Bedrooms & Bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between guests, following the latest Government guidelines.
- - Staff wash hands frequently throughout day and before servicing or changing each guest bedroom
- - All key surfaces in guest bedrooms and bathroom and all guest crockery & glassware are sanitised for each new guest
Key Public Areas are regularly cleaned throughout the day in order to prevent transmission of the virus.
- - All public area door handles, stair banister, all table & reception desk surfaces
- - Door bells, key box and PDQ machine
- - Closure of our public area WC
To support Social Distancing we have introduced the following new measures, to help reduce transmission of Coronavirus.
Social Distancing Measures in Common Areas
- - Guests and staff are requested to maintain social distancing at all times
- - Facemasks to be worn in the hallway & stairs
- - Guests asked to pass directly in or out of the hallway and not congregate in public areas
- - Hand sanitizer available in hallway & reception for guests to use each time they enter or exit the hotel
- - Guests encouraged to wash their hands each time they return to their room
New Low Contact Check-In Procedure
- - Self-service check-in will be used as standard, where possible
- - For face to face check-ins we have screens at our reception desk
- - No check-in forms to sign - we will take any additional information required from you directly
- - Payments will be processed where possible as telephone bookings, removing the need for you to use the PDQ machine
- - Key cards sanitized before and after use by each guest
- - Maps, Parking Vouchers & Maps are still available, but now only on request
We Are Still Open!
Despite the challenges facing us, we are still open providing accommodation.
We support the Government's plan to manage Coronavirus and are doing everything we can
to follow the guidelines for ourselves, our guests and our staff.
We have a carefully considered plan for our business to lead us through these difficult times and we are confident
that we will all come through this together - stronger, more united and more determined than ever.
When it's safe for you to travel in the UK, we continue to offer clean, comfortable, high quality accommodation
by the seaside in Brighton and we would be delighted to welcome you!